Thursday, 15 November 2012

Thing 2

Ok - here's my inaugural blog post. I'm feeling very modern, with my blog and all. I've got some questions I'm supposed to answer:

How am I going to make time for the program?
I'm going to play a little less Minesweeper! I kid.:)

Seriously, if I don't do something right away, it's likely to get lost in the detritus of the day. So far, when I've received Kate's email, I've tried my best to get on it that day, lest I forget. I'm aiming on keeping that up.

What strategies am I going to use?
Hm. Does not letting myself procrastinate count as a strategy? Because that's really the only one I've got on my plate so far...

My goals for the 23Things program
I'm trying to drag myself into the world of online learning. I work as an Academic Skills Adviser, supporting students in their academic work, and I realise that the world is very different from when I did my first university degree(s!). I've tended to teach from my own experience, as I'm sure many of us do, and my personal experience doesn't really include using technology for learning. The more familiar I become with the tools, the better able I'll be to identify with the learning environment many of my students are operating in. That's the plan, anyway.

Over and out!

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic!! Great gaols. It's not going to be that you will know everything there is to know about online tools and technologies- more that during and after the program you will have increased confidence and interest in exploring a bunch of *stuff*!
    Ah yes procrastination..I am very good at that also!
    Must look at minesweeper.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto on almost all counts, chuckie ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is always new Things to learn. Even after this program, it is important to keep the curiosity going as new tools get developed all the time. And you never know what tools would be great for your work as an Academic Skills Adviser. I know I've used Google Docs and Reader, as well as iPad apps in my work. Best of luck Leighana.

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete